Telah Pergi (Dian PP and Deddy Dhukun)

Post Thumbnail

I released this song on 30 march 2008 in memory of Chrisye, exactly one year after he died. The title is “Telah Pergi Sahabat Tercinta”. In this song Dian Pramana Putra and Deddy Dhukun express what they felt when they heard the news about the death of their dear friend. I discovered the mp3 of the original version of the song on the internet. Soon after the publication of my video on YouTube Chrisyes daughter Risty found it.

She has contacted me, and we had frequent email exchanges. Through her, and her sister Nissa, I learned that the song that I had covered was never publicly released. It was a miraculous coincidence that I had discovered this song on the internet.

I was very happy that I got in touch with them, and that I could show them my respect and appreciation for Chrisye directly. In october 2008 I have visited Chrisyes family in Jakarta in their home. We have visited Chrisyes grave, and we have shared precious moments together, that I will never forget.

I still listen to the music of Chrisye very often. He has made a lot of albums with beautiful songs. From Chrisyes family I obtained the Chrisye Trilogi, 3 beautifully designed CD boxes, each box containing 7 CDs, recorded between 1978 and 2004. Thank you, Chrisye, for the musical beauty that you left behind …..

I wanted to sing this song together with Indonesian singers, but I didn’t know anyone. I asked some friends on Friendster, and within a few days I had 5 singers. I especially want to thank Maureen, who managed to find 3 female singers in 2 days :) The singers are Carina, Meity, Richard, Rinaldo and Wiwi.

Thank you all for joining me!

163 comments on “Telah Pergi (Dian PP and Deddy Dhukun)
  1. [..YouTube..] merinding

2. Don Ling says:

menyukai Indonesia

3. nuGELOkasep says:

[..YouTube..] saya bangga dengan Indonesia dan saya bangga orang seperti om yg mau menyukai Indonesia

4. [..YouTube..] Respect for oom… Terima kasih sudah menyanyikan lagu2 indonesia, jadi
    terharu

5. nyipnyop says:

[..YouTube..] Respect for oom… Terima kasih sudah menyanyikan lagu2 indonesia, jadi terharu

6. otto737 says:

[..YouTube..] bule mana nh,.funny &..salut deh …

7. [..YouTube..] Oh, you’re so cool…thanks Mr. Peter!:’)

8. nlpeter says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks, saya tidak bosen2 :) Saya sedang rekam lagu2 dan video2 baru.

9. nlpeter1 says:

[..YouTube..] Thanks, saya tidak bosen2 :)Saya sedang rekam lagu2 dan video2 baru.

10. rickowacko says:

[..YouTube..] om peter, u r tha best.. thanks for loving indonesian music.. saya
    yakin,banyak org indonesia yg ga suka musik di negerinya sendiri..
    (khususnya anak muda) tapi om peter hebat, mau nyanyi lagu indo.. jangan
    bosen2 ya om.. hehe..

11. rickowacko says:

[..YouTube..] om peter, u r tha best..thanks for loving indonesian music..saya yakin,banyak org indonesia yg ga suka musik di negerinya sendiri..(khususnya anak muda)tapi om peter hebat, mau nyanyi lagu indo..jangan bosen2 ya om..hehe..

12. Aii ZuSya says:

[..YouTube..] one word : best!! XD

13. actzarss says:

[..YouTube..] one word : best!! XD

14. id1201396 says:

[..YouTube..] you guys are so cool!